- Use appropriate language and be sure that anything you write you are proud of and are prepared to take responsibility for !! The PECLG blog exists as a public space on the Internet. When you put something on the Internet, odds are really good that it will ALWAYS stay on the Internet. If you are not careful about what you write, what you write now could come back to haunt you in the future.
- Never give out or record personal information on PECLG blog. Please – no last names, phone numbers, home addresses, IM screen names etc.
- Never disrespect anyone or anything in PECLG blog posts. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a person, an organization, or just a general idea. When you write your opinion on a topic, you don’t want someone making a stab at what you are passionate about. So, don’t do it to someone else. Try your best to make sure you’re not going to offend anyone in your posts.
- Don’t write about other people without permission; if you can’t get their permission, use first names or initials only. Never share someone elses last name.
- Always check over your post for spelling errors, grammar errors, and your use of words. Try pasting your post in a word processor first and using the spell checker or use an internet spellchecker before posting on the PECLG blog.
- Make sure things you write about are factual. Link to your sources. But never link to something you haven’t read and understood completely.
- If you have a personal blog, please do not link to it from the PECLG blog. Doing so may inadvertently reveal information that you don’t want to reveal.
- Be aware of copyright — especially with sounds and images. Make sure what you use is copyright free.